- 1/2 c. melted butter, plus more for brushing pan
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder, plus more for dusting pan
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. grated zucchini (from 1 large or 2-3 small)
- 2/3 c. chocolate chips
Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and dust a loaf pan with cocoa powder.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another large bowl, stir together sugar and egg and egg yolk until smooth, 1 minute. Add melted butter and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Add zucchini, then add flour mixture in 3 additions. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared dish and bake 50 minutes.
Let cool slightly in pan, then transfer to a cooling rack. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and serve.